UPDATE 12/2/12: The Final Offical Results are now posted and are indicated below BOLDED AND IN ALL CAPS.
The Ventura County Clerk & Recorder updated results from the November 6th general election at recorder.countyofventura.org/elections as of 11:23 am November 16th (previous update posted November 9th).
The number of votes cast and counted increased by 37,588, from 270,851 on Nov 9th to 308,439 (FINAL TALLY 330,419). Voter turnout as a result grew from the initially reported 63.44% a week ago to 72.24% (FINAL TURNOUT 77.39%). The County Clerk's office indicates this as "Semi Official Update #3." The office technically has 28 days to count all the votes, including the large number of ballots received on Election Day.
No changes were noted in the placement of candidates based on this update.
Here are some updated and still "unofficial" Ventura County only results:
President (306,137 votes - previously 268,873) (FINAL TALLY 327,727)
- Barack Obama (Dem) 51.61% (158,006 votes) (FINAL 170,929, 52.16%)
- Mitt Romney (Rep) 45.77% (140,115 votes) (FINAL 147,958, 45.15%)
- Gary Johnson (Lib) 1.13% (3,445 votes) (FINAL 3,735, 1.14%)
Roseanne Barr has thus far received 975 votes in Ventura County. (FINAL TALLY 1,087 VOTES; SHE WAS OUTDONE BY THE 2,692 PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR NO ONE.)
U.S Senator (295,034 votes) (FINAL 315,086)
- Dianne Feinstein (Dem) 53.92% (159,072 votes) (FINAL 171,483, 54.42%)
- Elizabeth Emken (Rep) 46.08% (135,962 votes) (FINAL 143,603, 45.58%)
Overall preliminary vote in California Feinstein 61.8%, Emken 38.2%. (FINAL 62.4% TO 37.6%)
26th Congressional District
- Julia Brownley (Dem) 52.3% (126,933 votes) (FINAL 52.83%)