Are you a night owl that is looking for something to do around town? Here's a list of places in and around Ventura County that have things to do during nighttime hours, including live music, concerts, dancing, darts, comedy, trivia and other activities scheduled on a regular basis.
This compilation includes restaurants as well as some bars. TVs are great, but don't count as "something to do" for the purposes of this compilation.
Are we missing something? Let us know!
(Information is subject to change at any time, so be sure to contact the business to confirm.)
Conejo Valley (Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, Westlake Village)
- The Alamo Bar & Grill at 2311 Borchard Road, Newbury Park has karaoke on Fri nights starting at 9:30pm and periodic live music. 805.498.3115
- Aldabella Custom Crush Winery at 31111 Via Colinas in Westlake Village hosts live music on Saturday nights and two Friday nights each month. 818.991.9463
- Azar's Sports Bar at 2215 Michael Drive, Newbury Park has Tues/Sun night karaoke and live music on Fri/Sat nights. 805.498.2365
- Bellini Osteria at 951 S. Westlake Blvd, Westlake Village offers live music certain nights of the week. 805.497.8482
- Bogies at the Westlake Village Inn at 32001 Agoura Road, Westlake Village is a bar/nightclub with live jazz on Tues nights and Salsa lessons and dancing on Wed nights and live music on Thu/Fri/Sun nights 818.889.2394
- Borderline Bar and Grill at 99 Rolling Oaks Drive, Thousand Oaks has nightly entertainment including country nights, west coast swing, salsa nights, comedy, etc. 805.446.4435
- Brendan's Irish Pub and Restaurant is located at the Palm Garden Hotel in Newbury Park, with two pool tables, a 26-foot shuffle board and three dart boards. 805.498.5050
- Cisco's Westlake Village (805.778.1191) hosts trivia night on Tues nights while Cisco's Thousand Oaks (805.493.0533) hosts trivia on Wed nights.
- Crown and Anchor at 2891 E. Thousand Oaks Boulevard in Thousand Oaks offers Quiz Night on Mondays and darts in the bar. 805.497.0070
- Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co. at The Shoppes at Westlake (30770 Russell Ranch Road, Westlake Village) offers Singer/Songwriters Acoustic Wednesdays
- Jeanette's Edelweiss at 2160 Newbury Road in Newbury Park features polka party bandon Fri/Sat nights from 6:30-9:30. 805.498.7300
- Paul Martin's American Grill at The Promenade at Westlake has informed as they will have Live Music Thursdays 6:30pm-9:30pm through July 2016 805.373.9300
- Public School 805 at The Promenade at Westlake has a single dartboard, helping it make this illustrious list! Cool place. 805.379.3909
- Sunset Terrace Restaurant and Lounge at Janss Marketplace has live music, DJ, dancing, two pool tables, darts, shuffleboard and more. 805.497.4847
- The Tipsy Goat at 159 E. Thousand Oaks Boulevard, Thousand Oaks has karaoke on Monday nights, trivia on Tuesdays, pool tables, a dartboard, ping pong, shuffleboard, video games and live music many Fri/Sat nights. 805.494.9996
- Tuscany Il Ristorante at 968 S. Westlake Boulevard, Suite 4 in Westlake Village features live music on Sundays. 805.495.2768
- Westlake Brewing Company at 31111 Via Colinas #200, Westlake Village offers live music Fri/Sat nights. 818.851.9052
- Zin Bistro Americana at 32131 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village (The Landing) offers live jazz on Wed nights and on certain other nights. 818.865.0095
Agoura Hills, Calabasas, Malibu
- Brendan's Irish Pub and Restaurant at 30315 Canwood Street in Agoura Hills has an outdoor patio, 12 HD televisions and two dart boards.
- The Canyon at Whizins Marketplace in Agoura Hills is a hotspot for live music of all types, from orignal rock bands to cover bands, tribute bands, comedy and more. 888.645.5006 DISCOUNTED TICKETS TO CANYON CLUB SHOWS AT http://bit.ly/CanyonClub (sponsored)
- Twisted Oak Tavern at 30105 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills offers live jazz, blues and other music. 818.735.0091
- Ladyface Alehouse & Brasserie at 29281 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills offers live jazz, blues and other acoustic music on some Fri/Sat nights. 818.477.4566
- Padri Martini Bar at 29008 Agoura Road in Agoura Hills hosts live music on Thursday nights and a DJ on Friday/Saturday nights. 818.865.3700
- Prime Steakhouse at 29020 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills has live music three to four nights a week, including "Frank Sinatra" Tuesdays. 805.652.1055
- Sagebrush Cantina at 23527 Calabasas Road hosts live music Thursday through Sunday nights, plus Paint Night on Tuesdays and poker league on Thursdays. 818.222.6062
- Tavern 101 at 28434 Roadside Drive, Agoura Hills features live music on Friday/Saturday nights. 818.991.2772
- Taverna Tony in the Malibu Country Mart, 23410 Civic Center Way, has live music 7 nights a week and belly dancing. 310.317.9667
- Amigo's Surf Cantina at 546 E. Main Street in Ventura offers live music 7 nights a week. 805.874.2232
- Anacapa Brewing Company at 472 E. Main Street in Ventura has a trivia night every Wed. 805.643.2337
- The Bench Warmer at 1855 E. Main Street in Ventura is a bar with a pool table and 5 dart boards. 805.643.4303
- Billy O's at 2819 E. Main Street in Ventura has karaoke and live music 805.652.0327
- Bombay Bar & Grill, located at 143 S. California Street in Ventura has live music, trivia nights and more. 805.643.4404.
- The Copa Cubana at Ventura Harbor Village offers live music a number of nights each week 805.642.9463
- Discovery Ventura at 1888 E. Thompson Blvd offers bowling, billiards and shuffleboard games as well as periodic live music, comedy and more 805.856.2695
- 805 Bar & Grilled Cheese is located at Ventura Harbor Village and offers trivia on Tues nights, live music on Fri/Sat nights. 805.642.9463
- The Garage is a dive bar located at 1091 Scandia Avenue, Ventura. 805.814.2234
- Golden China Restaurant at 760 S. Seaward Ave (at the 101 freeway) has karaoke 7 nights a week from 9pm to 1:30am
- Grapes and Hops at 454 E. Main Street in Ventura offers up Thurs night trivia from 7-9pm and live music on most Fri/Sat nights. 805.641.0053
- The Greek at the Harbor at Ventura Harbor Village offers belly dancing starting at 7:30pm on Fri/Sat nights. 805.650.5350
- Hong Kong Inn, 435 E. Thompson St, Ventura has live music on designated nights www.hihatentertainment.com.
- Keynote Lounge at 10245 Telephone Road in Ventura is a bar with live music on Fri/Sat nights, karaoke Tues/Wed nights and more. 805.647.9390
- O'Leary's Side Bar at 6555 Telephone Road, Suite 7 in Ventura has a pool table, shuffleboard, air hockey, dart board machine, karaoke and live music. 805.644.4619
- Paddy's Ventura at 2 W. Main St, Ventura is a LGBT owned/operated nightclub bar offering pool, darts, karaoke and more. 805.652.1071
- Prime Steakhouse at 2009 E. Thompson Blvd, Ventura has live music three to four nights a week, including "Frank Sinatra" Tuesdays. 805.652.1055
- Rookees Sports Bar & Lounge at 419 E. Main Street in Ventura has a DJ and live music and certain nights of the week. 805.648.6862
- Saloon BBQ Co. at 456 E. Main St in Ventura has live music. 805.667.8550
- Squashed Grapes is a winery and jazz club with a full menu at 2351 E. Main Street in Ventura, offering live jazz Tues through Sun nights. 805.643.7300
- The Tavern at 211 E. Santa Clara St in Ventura offers up live music on Fri/Sat nights. 805.643.3264
- Victoria Pub & Grill at 1413 Victoria Avenue, Suite F, Ventura has pool tables and darts on hand. 805.650.0060
- The Wine Rack at 14 S. California Street in Ventura has live music on Fri/Sat nights from 8-11pm, Mon classic movie nights and comedy on some Thurs nights. 805.653.9463
Simi Valley/Moorpark/Heritage Valley (Fillmore, Santa Paula)
- Arena Sports Grill at the Grand Vista Hotel, 999 Enchanted Way, Simi Valley has live music, dancing, pool tables, dartboards, video games, 20 TVs and more. 805.583.2000
- Butera's Billiards at 476 West Los Angeles Avenue in Moorpark has pool tables, dart boards and Wed night karaoke. 805.523.3088
- The Chop Shop Bar & Grill at 4351 Valley Fair, Simi Valley has open mic night on Mondays and live music of various types Tuesday through Saturday. 805.581.6021
- Chuy's Mesquite Broiler at 5840 E. Los Angeles Avenue, Simi Valley has trivia night on Wed nights 805.520.7424
- Lucky Fool's Pub at 75 E. High Street in Moorpark offers Sunday night trivia games, a pool table and dart board. 805.532.1500
- Enzo's Italian Restaurant at the historic Glen Tavern Inn at 134 N. Mill St, Santa Paula offers up live entertainment on weekends. 805.933.5550
- Garman's Restaurant & Irish Pub at 932 E. Main Street in Santa Paula has trivia nights on Tuesday nights as well as darts and pool tables. 805.933.4600
- The Golden Nugget Pub and Tavern at 4435 Cochran St, Simi Valley indicates it is the oldest bar in Simi, established in 1964. Three dart boards on hand! 805.583.9715
- McGregor's Craft Beer & Wine at 144 W. Los Angeles Ave. #105 in Moorpark has live music and comedy on Thursday nights
- Rock & Roll Pizza at 13816 Princeton Avenue, Moorpark has entertainment 7 nights a week, including bands, open mic on Thurs nights and more. 805.530.7135
Other West Ventura County (Camarillo, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Ojai)
- Brendan's Irish Pub and Restaurant in Camarillo has two dart boards and a 16-foot shuffle board for you fun seekers. 805.383.4100
- Chuy's Mesquite Broiler at 311 Carmen Drive in Camarillo has trivia night on Wed nights 805.445.9444
- Copper Blues Rock Pub & Kitchen at The Collection at RiverPark in Oxnard opened in September 2016, with live music on Saturday nights and more. 805.457.5551
- Corner Pocket Billiards on 7th & A Street in Oxnard is a billiards, arcade, lounge, restaurant and sports bar for the whole family. 805.844.7266
- Daryl's Couch at 795 Camarillo Springs Road in Camarillo serves up over 30 craft beers and has a pool table on hand. 805.389.8947
- The El Rey Cantina at 2302 Ventura Blvd, Camarillo has Sat night country nights (including 2-step and line dancing) and other activities 805.484.4433
- La Dolce Vita Ristorante at 740 S. B Street in Oxnard offers live music and karaoke. 805.486.6878
- The Lookout Bar & Grill at Channel Islands Harbor (2800 Harbor Blvd, Oxnard) offers Tuesday night trivia and live music on Thursday and Sunday nights. 805.985.9300
- The Ojai Deer Lodge at 2261 Maricopa Highway showcases live local entertainers up to 5 nights a week. 805.646.4256
- Pirates Grub n Grog at 450 S. Victoria Avenue in Oxnard offers live music on weekends, Thurs salsa dance nights and video gaming.
- Q Club Oxnard at 2362 N. Oxnard Blvd is a sports lounge with numerous billiard tables, games, DJ and more 805.278.1231
- RELM Camarillo Wine & Beer Bistro at 2390 Las Posas Road (at Arneill) offers live music on Friday/Saturday nights. 805.991.7356
- Ric's Restaurant at 2500 Las Posas Road, Camarillo offers live music on Friday nights from 8:30-11:30PM 805.389.9919
- Safire American Bistro at 4850 Verdugo Road in Camarillo hosts live jazz and pianists on most Friday/Saturday nights. 805.389.1227
- Sam's Saloon at 3129 Saviers Road in Oxnard is a cash only bar with live music on weekends, pool tables and dart boards.
- The Shores Bar and Grill at 1031 S. Harbor Blvd in Oxnard has karaoke on Thursday and Saturday nights starting at 8:30pm. 805.984.5533
- Topa Mountain Winery at 821 W. Ojai Avenue offers live music every Saturday/Sunday from 2-4 PM. www.topamountainwinery.com/topa-events 805.640.1190
- The Vine at 308 E. Ojai Avenue offers live music Wednesday thru Sunday from 8-10 PM www.facebook.com/The-Vine-1471139523136821 805.646.1555
- Season Ticket at 5710 E. Los Angeles Ave, Simi Valley closed in May 2016
- Galletto Bar and Grill at the Westlake Plaza, 982 S. Westlake Boulevard, Westlake Village has closed.
- W2O Rooftop Lounge at Watermark on Main, 598 E. Main St, Ventura closed 10/4/16.
- The Napa Tavern in Thousand Oaks closed its doors on 2/23/16
- The Whale's Tail at 3950 Bluefin Circle in Oxnard closed its doors in 2016