Ride to the Flags was started in 2008, accompanying the Wave of Flags 9/11 Memorial at Pepperdine University that began that same year. Although not officially associated with the collegiate memorial - the ride does end at the memorial for a short service. Ride to the Flags is an all volunteer, charity ride with 100% of the riders' donations going to charity.
This year's ride will be on Sunday, September 14th - starting from Naval Base Ventura County, Pt. Mugu and finishing at Malibu Bluffs Park, adjacent to Pepperdine University's annual 9/11 memorial at Alumni Park. Event starts a 10am with a memorial ceremony, followed by the ride (directions below) and a rally.
The route is the same as last year:
- Head northeast on Las Posas Rd
- Turn right onto E Hueneme Rd
- Take the 1st right onto Potrero Rd
- Continue onto Lynn Rd
- Turn right onto W Hillcrest Dr
- Turn right onto Westlake Blvd/N Westlake Blvd
- Continue to follow Westlake Blvd. Continue straight to stay on Westlake Blvd
- Turn left onto Agoura Rd
- Turn right onto Kanan Rd
- Turn left onto Cornell Way
- Turn left onto Mulholland Hwy
- Turn right onto Las Virgenes Rd
- Continue onto Backbone Trail/Malibu Canyon Rd. Continue to follow Malibu Canyon Rd to end, at Malibut Bluffs Park