Beginning October 28th, 21 spectacular cars used in Hollywood and by Heads of State will be displayed at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum in "Amazing Automobiles: The Ultimate Car Exhibit." The cars will be on display until May 1, 2015.
The exhibit is in partnership with the Petersen Automotive Museum to showcase some of The Petersen’s most stunning and memorable cars at the Reagan Library while The Petersen is closed to the public for renovation. Most of these cars come from The Petersen’s vault and are not seen by regular museum-goers.
In the Hollywood Gallery, cars used in television and movies, as well as owned by celebrities, will be displayed October 28, 2014 through May 1, 2015, including:
- 1956 XKSS owned by Steve McQueen (one of only sixteen built)
- 1971 DeTomaso Pantera owned by Elvis Presley (which still has the three bullet holes from when he shot the car)
- Batmobile driven by Michael Keaton in “Batman” (1989) and “Batman Returns” (1991)
- 1946 custom Ford used by John Travolta and Olivia Newton John in “Grease” (1978)
- 1966 Ford Thunderbird driven by Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon in “Thelma and Louise” (1991)
- 2001 custom Honda Roadster driven by Devon Aoki in “2 Fast, 2 Furious” (2003)
In the Heads of State Gallery, cars built for Heads of State in multiple countries will be on display from November 17, 2014 through October 2015, including:
- Pope John Paul II’s 1998 Cadillac Papal Parade Phaeton
- 1942 Lincoln Limousine (ordered the day after the attack on Pearl Harbor and used by Presidents Roosevelt and Truman)
- 1938 Packard Super 8 Parade Phaeton used by Juan and Evita Peron, President and First Lady of Argentina
In the Historic Cars Gallery, rare, iconic and historic cars will be displayed January 31, 2015 through May 1, 2015, including: 1981 Gold-Plated DeLorean DMC-12, 1952 Ferrari 212/215 Inter Spyder, 1913 Mercer Raceabout and 1939 Bugatti 57C Atalante.