Today we have more pizza choices than ever imagined in the Conejo Valley. Over the last several years, newcomers to the Conejo Valley pizza scene include:
- Pitfire Artisan Pizza in Westlake Village
- Al Mulino Eatalian Eatery in Westlake Village
- Barone's in Westlake Village
- Urban Pizza in Westlake Village
- Pieology in Westlake Village
- MOD Pizza in Newbury Park
- Pieology in Thousand Oaks
To name a few...not to mention Toppers Pizza, Butler's Pizza, California Pizza Kitchen, Pizzeria La Piccola, Tony's Pizza, Greco's Pizzeria and many others.
Shakey's Pizza was founded in Sacramento on April 30, 1954, by Sherwood "Shakey" Johnson and Ed Plummer. Johnson's nickname resulted from nerve damage following a bout of malaria suffered during World War II. In the 1970s, there were approximately 500 Shakey's locations in the U.S. Today there are 54, the majority of which are still here in Southern California. The closest Shakey's to Thousand Oaks is 30 miles away, in Northridge.