CVG 2016 spring recipe: "My Big Fat-Skinny Greek Salad" courtesy of Ms. Conejo Joe,
(Note: Measurements are not used. Just eyeball the amounts per your taste. Make a large batch like we did so you can enjoy the leftovers.)
- Trader Joe's triple washed spring lettuce mix or a bag of organic arugula
- Trader Joe's prepared tabouli or a box of Fantastic Foods Tabouli you can prepare
- Trader Joe's steamed lentils
- Trader Joe's thai almonds
- Trader Joe's California estate extra-virgin olive oil
- Chopped red onion
- Chopped organic carrots and/or chopped orange bell pepper
- Trader Joe's jar of Greek Kalamata olives
- Freshly ground black pepper and Himalayan sea salt
- Dijon mustard
- Balsamic vinegar
- Miso paste
- Parmesan crisps
- Fresh parsley as garnish
Apparently we have a Trader Joe's fan in the house.
Grab a pretty plate and gently tear chilled lettuce leaves into it.
In a glass jar mix one part Dijon mustard, one part miso, one part balsamic vinegar, coarsely ground pepper to taste and three parts olive oil. Give it (the jar, and your booty, for good measure) a good shake and set aside.
Gently toss tabouli with steamed lentils and chopped vegetables.
Grind Thai almonds in a food processor or chopper just a couple of times so you get big chunky pieces and smaller pieces mixed. (If you don't have a food processor just put the almonds in a Ziploc bag and smash it a couple of times with a can or any hard object.)
Layer the tabouli mixture onto the lettuce leaves and garnish with olives and Parmesan crisps; drizzle on your homemade miso dressing. Add the Himalayan salt as needed. You may also add sliced heirloom tomatoes if you wish.
Now ENJOY and look for another happy healthy recipe in the near future from the Conejo Valley Guide family!