The Automobile Club is a non-profit service organization with over 51 million members, including 6 million in Southern California. If you are not already a member, you should consider becoming one.
Basic membership is $49 per year plus a one time $20 admission fee (as of March 2017). Membership provides for towing up to 7 miles, discounted rental cars, emergency fuel delivery, locksmith service, access to AAA offices and services, free maps and travel planning, etc.
But where membership can really pay off are savings on products and services. Here are a few that really stand out (updated September 2016...subject to change but of course).
- Getting a AAA rate on hotels like Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton, Best Western and others can easily save you 5% to 20% on your room, which can more than pay for your AAA membership.
- 10% discount at all Gap Outlet stores with AAA card.
- Save 10% at Discount Tire Centers and Payless Shoesource
- Visit a AAA office and buy Regal/Edwards and Cinemark/Century movie theater tickets at up to 40% off regular prices!
- Save 10% on Amtrak rides.
- 30% off of regular admission and 10% off merchandise at Knott's Berry Farm
- 25% off when you purchase advance tickets to Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach and 10% off at the gate
- Save $15 on advance tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood and $3 off when you show your AAA card at the gate
- Save up to 40% off passes to Six Flags Magic Mountain, $5 at the gate and 10% off purchases
- Save 5% at the gate at LEGOLAND California Resort
- Save 20% off certain Sea World passes at AAA offices, 10% off online and $5 at the gate
- If you plan on a multi-day visit to Disneyland, save by buying passes at a AAA office
- 10% off at Mimi's Cafe (locations in Thousand Oaks and Ventura)
- Show your AAA card at Wetzel's Pretzels and receive 10% off all items
- 33% off Papa John's Pizza! (show card and mention promo code AAA33)
Hundreds more discounts listed on the AAA website. There's also a free AAA iPhone and Android app to find AAA discounts in your area.
So even if you don't think you'll need roadside assistance or towing, it could really pay off having a AAA membership. Visit the Auto Club of Southern California website at www.calif.aaa.com/home.html for more information.