After tomorrow's Presidential Inauguration there will be quite a bit of dancing going on. In fact, there will be 10 Inaugural Balls, including the Commander-in-Chief's Ball, Neighborhood Inaugural Ball, Youth Inaugural Ball (for ages 18 to 35, which sadly I am nowhere near eligible for), Obama Home States Inaugural Ball (Illinois and Hawaii only), Biden Home States Inaugural Ball (Delaware and Pennsylvania) and the Eastern, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, Southern and Western Inaugural Balls.
So with all the dancing going on in Washington DC, why not consider local dancing options here at Conejo Valley Guide!? You have no excuses not to kick up your heels in 2009.
Click Music, Art and Dance Groups and find links to all types of dancing groups, including:
- Boots and Slippers Square Dance Club
- Buckles and Bows Square Dance Club
- Cam-a-Lot Round Dancers of Somis (more square dancing!)
- Conejo Civic Ballet Company
- Conejo Valley Cloggers (for those into wooden shoes)
- Conejo Valley Folk Dancers
- Country and Rhythm in Motions Dancers
- Country Lovers Western Dance Club
- Happy Squares Square Dance Club
- Molecular Midriffs Tribal Belly Dance Troupe (hmmm, now this sounds interesting)
- Moorpark Civic Ballet and Dance Theatre
- Trail Dusters Square Dance Club
- Ventura Bachelors and Bachelorettes Square Dancing Club
Is it my imagination or is square dancing extremely popular in Ventura County!?
Or how about learning how to dance at a local venue:
- Academy of Dance in Westlake Village
- Agoura Hills Dance Center
- Arthur Murray Dance Studio in Westlake Village
- Ballet Arts School of Dance in Westlake Village
- Belly Dancing at Bodysattva in Thousand Oaks
- Pole Dancing at Poleates (now we're talking!)
- Retter's Academy of Dance in Agoura
- Simi Dance Center
- Vertical Vixens Pole Dancing (no comment as my wife reads this)
- Dance Instruction at Bobbie's School of Performing Arts
- Oakley Ballet Center
- Or take some local community dancing classes, which are always inexpensive, fun and a nice way to dip your toes (so to speak) into learning something new: Agoura Hills, Thousand Oaks, Camarillo and Moorpark.
If you are aware of other dancing classes and venues not found on this site, Contact Us and let us know!