In a recent drawing on the Conejo Valley Guide Facebook Page, followers commented on their favorite Mexican eatery in the Conejo Valley and nearby Ventura County areas. There were nearly 300 responses in less than a day.
We tabulated the responses and it was quite a horse race. But in the end, Cisco's, with restaurants on Westlake Boulevard in Westlake Village and Avenida de los Arboles (at the 23 freeway) in Thousand Oaks, was mentioned the most, a total of 32 times.
Close behind with 30 mentions was 3 Amigos, with locations on Avenida de los Arboles (at Moorpark Road) in Thousand Oaks and on Reino Road (at Borchard) in Newbury Park.
In third place was Los Agaves at The Shoppes at Westlake, with 29 mentions...oh so close to 3 Amigos. Coming in at #4 was The Alamo in Newbury Park, with 24 mentions. And, amazingly, but not surprisingly, Lupe's Restaurant, which closed its doors on August 29, 2016, garnered a 5th place sentimental vote with 20 mentions.
Here is a rundown of all of eateries mentioned by Facebook followers in order of number of mentions (when more than one eatery was listed, we tabulated only the eatery mentioned first).
- Cisco's (33 votes)
- 3 Amigos (30)
- Los Agaves (29)
- The Alamo (24) (40% off dinner for 2/4 or more at The Alamo at bit.ly/TheAlamoNP *
- Lupe's (20)
- Yolanda's (Camarillo/Simi Valley) (12)
- Sabor (Westlake Village) (12)
- Latigo Kid (Agoura) (11)
- Los Dos Amigos (Thousand Oaks) (10)
- Habanero Mexican Grill (Newbury Park) (8)
- Bad Ass Tacos (Thousand Oaks) (8)
- Don Cuco's (Simi Valley) (8)
- El Sancho Loco (Newbury Park) (8)
- Money Pancho (Camarillo) (6)
- Sea Casa (Westlake Village) (6)
- Plata Taqueria (Agoura) (5)
- Margaritas Mexican Grill (Oak Park) (4)
- Taqueria Jalisco (Moorpark/Simi Valley) (4)
- Lalo's Mexican Food (Moorpark) (5)
- Manny's Mexican Grill (Thousand Oaks) (4)
- Patron Mexican Bar & Grill (Newbury Park) (4)
- Snapper Jack's (Camarillo) (4)
- Others mentioned 3 times: El Tecolote (Camarillo), Mariscos Cancun (Thousand Oaks), Establos Meat Market (Thousand Oaks), El Tapatio (Moorpark) and Tacos de Mexico (Simi Valley)
- Mentioned 2 times: Manny's (Thousand Oaks), Adobe Cantina (Agoura), Burger Express and Mexican Grill (Simi Valley) and Chipotle
- Also mentioned: Somis Market, Antonio's Mexican Food (Port Hueneme), Taqueria Tlaquepaque (Santa Paula), Rosabella's (Ventura), Baja Fresh, Rubio's, El Pollo Loco, Cinqo, Ay Chihuahua (Fillmore), Tito's Mexican Food (Simi Valley), Mercado Guadalajara (Newbury Park), Campos Famous Burritos (Simi Valley), Luna Llena (Simi Valley), Los Toros (Chatsworth), Vallarta Restaurant (Fillmore), La Fiesta Mexican Grill (Moorpark), Sharky's and Los Arroyos (Camarillo)
Enjoy exploring this list of nearly 50 popular Mexican eateries in Thousand Oaks and neighboring cities.
* Groupon affiliate deal.