Strathearn Historical Park will transform itself into a small town in rural America in the 1860’s for the 7th Annual Civil War Days Encampment on February 10, 2018 from 10am-4pm and February 11, 2018 from 10am-3pm.
Step back to another place and time, when President Lincoln could take a break from his Washington duties to give a speech on the steps of our Strathearn House. Here, costumed civilians, as well as soldiers from the north and south stand ready in their camps, eager to tell their stories to the passing visitors. Sergeants drill groups of local boys and girls curious to experience military life. Skirmishes, as well as artillery, infantry and cavalry demonstrations will take place throughout the weekend.
- President Lincoln delivers his Gettysburg Address
- General Ulysses S. Grant & General Robert E. Lee reenact the Surrender at Appomattox
- Kids wanted as recruits – come early & enlist, plus interview a soldier for a school report
- Civil War Era Boutiques on Sutlers Row offer unique treasures
- Authentic artillery, Infantry & Cavalry demonstrations
- Old fashioned dance lessons by Simi Valley Vintage Dance Society
- Tour historic Simi houses & buildings
- Food for sale from Kiwanis Club of Simi Valley
Advance Adult Tickets: $5 on-line tickets at svhs.ticketleap.com
Tickets at the Gate: $6 age 13 and up; $3 age 5 to 12; FREE: age 4 and under