In 1907, the Oxnard Public Library opened its doors on what is now the corner of C and Fourth Streets in a building funded by the Andrew Carnegie Foundation. In 1909, the library opened deposit stations, which later became branches, in the areas of Port Hueneme, Moorpark, Saticoy, Camarillo, Somis, and Santa Susana. The Ventura County Board of Supervisors dissolved this arrangement in 1915 with the establishment of the Ventura County Library System which provided service to the aforementioned cities. The City of Oxnard leaders at that time decided to maintain the Oxnard Public Library as a city library, separate from the County Library System.
The City of Oxnard maintains the following locations:
Main Library: 251 South 'A' Street
South Oxnard Branch: 4300 Saviers Road
Colonia Branch: 1500 Camino del Sol #26
Visit www.oxnardlibrary.net for more information.