Thousand Oaks Transit (TOT) offers four local bus routes serving the Conejo Valley. One way fares as of February 2018 are $1.50 per ride; 65+ seniors/disabled are $.75 and children 5 and under are free. (These fares have not changed since the first time we checked in December 2014.)
Buses are equipped with free WiFi, security cameras and bike racks. Operating hours are Monday to Friday, 5 am to 8 pm and Saturday, 8 am to 8 pm.
TOT buses are equipped with destination signs on the front, side and rear of the bus, designated by route number and color as follows:
- Route 1 (Gold) runs from Newbury Park to The Oaks Mall (including Newbury Park High School).
- Route 2 (Green) covers The Oaks Mall, Janss Marketplace, Los Robles Hospital, Cal Lutheran, Thousand Oaks Teen/Youth Centers, Thousand Oaks Library, Thousand Oaks High School and the T.O. Transportation Center.
- Route 2 (Purple) (new effective 8/14/17) will depart The Oaks every 60 minutes and will travel in an opposite direction of Route 2 (Green), but will not stop at the Transportation Center.
- Route 3 (Red) runs from the Transportation Center, Thousand Oaks Boulevard, Civic Arts Plaza, Hillcrest Drive and The Oaks Mall. This route runs as far west as near the Newbury Park Library.
- Route 4 (Blue) covers the Transportation Center, The Oaks Mall, Janss Marketplace, Hillcrest Drive, Ventura County Health Care Agency Clinics and Thousand Oaks Boulevard. This line runs as far east as Westlake High School.
Exact fares are required on TOT buses in the form of cash, pass or transfer. Passes can be purchased on buses. Multi-day bus passes are available. Where's the bus? You can track them at www.nextbus.com.
The Thousand Oaks Transportation Center located at 265 South Rancho Road (just south of the 101) is a transportation hub for eastern Ventura County. The Center provides parking for transit users and rideshare participants and connects riders with the four routes described above as well as the following:
- Metrolink Commuter Shuttle to Moorpark, which stops by the Oaks Mall and near CLU.
- Several VISTA bus lines, including VISTA 101 and Conejo Connection and VISTA East County.
- Metro Line 161, which takes riders east with stops in Westlake Village, Agoura Hills, Calabasas, Woodland Hills and Warner Center.
- LADOT Commuter Express 422 and 423 bus lines operating Monday to Friday as far as Downtown Los Angeles.
To learn more, visit www.TOTransit.org or call 805.375.5473. There are bus schedules online, as well as at the Civic Arts Plaza (Public Works Counter on the 1st floor), Thousand Oaks/Newbury Park Libraries, Senior Center, Oaks Mall 2nd Floor Information Desk and at the Transportation Center.