About 79% of Ventura County residents that are eligible to vote actually register to vote. Do your civic duty and register to vote! Visit www.sos.ca.gov/nvrc/fedform/ for an online form that you can complete and mail in. For additional information about voter registration, including timing deadlines, visit www.sos.ca.gov/elections/elections_vr.htm
You may register to vote in California if:
- You are a United States citizen
- You are a resident of California
- You are at least 18 years of age (or will be by the date of the next election)
- You are not in prison or on parole for a felony conviction. For more information on the rights of people who have been incarcerated, please see the Secretary of State's Voting Guide for Currently or Formerly Incarcerated Californians.
- You have not been judged by a court to be mentally incompetent
YOU HAVE UNTIL MONDAY, MAY 21ST TO REGISTER TO VOTE!!
But of that 79%...only 40% actually vote! That's pitiful! Come on, register to vote...then VOTE! To make it easier on yourself, apply for a Permanent Vote by Mail status when you receive your Sample Ballot! That way, you never even need to visit a polling place to vote.
TO VOTE BY MAIL IN THE PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY ELECTION ON JUNE 5, 2012, YOUR APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN MAY 29TH.