The Rancho Simi Trail Blazers is a volunteer organization of outdoor enthusiasts consisting of bikers, equestrians, hikers, and naturalists. The group is committed to the care and protection of our natural environment for the enjoyment of all.
Regularly scheduled activities include:
- Tuesday evening beginners' hike
- Thursday evening hike
- Saturday morning hike
- Sunday evening hike
- Trail maintenance usually every 3rd Saturday of the month
- Monthly meeting every 3rd Wednesday of the month
- Monthly newsletter sent to all members, which includes scheduled activities
Visit www.simitrailblazers.com for more information.
The group invites the public to the following hikes this Fall 2015:
- Mt McCoy Trail Hike on Tuesdays at 6pm (meet at parking lot on north side of Royal Avenue, eat of Madera Road). 3.75 mile round trip with 600 foot elevation gain. Moderately difficult.
- Chumash Trail Hike on Thursdays at 6pm (meet at northern ed of Flanagan Drive). 5.2 miles, 1,300 foot elevation gain to the Rocky Peak Fire Road. Hike considered strenuous.
- Rocky Peak Trail Hike on Sundays at 5pm (4pm starting 11/1) (meet at northern side of Rocky Peak Interchange with the 118 freeway). 4.8 miles, 1,200 ft elevation gain. Strenuous.
Bring 2 small flashlights, water, clothing for all weather, and solid shoes with good tread.