The Olivas Adobe Historical Park is operated by the City of Ventura and serviced by the Olivas Adobe Historical Interpreters. It is on the National Register of Historic Places and is State Historical Landmark No. 115.
The Adobe represents a superb example of a large home from the Rancho Period prior to California statehood in 1849. The home was started in 1847 and completed in 1849 through the efforts of local Chumash people, and occupied by Don Raymundo, his wife Teodora, and their 21 children until 1899.
Ultimately, the City of Ventura received the adobe and a large land parcel from the Max Fleischman Foundation that included 450 acres that extended from the Olivas Adobe to the ocean, where the Olivas Golf Course, the San Buenaventura Water Reclamation Facility and the Harbor are now located. The Park includes exhibits, extensive gardens, and the restored adobe buildings.
The Olivas Adobe is also available for weddings, receptions, fiestas and special events.
The Park is located at 4200 Olivas Park Drive in Ventura. Grounds are open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. during the week and costumed docent-led tours of the house take place on weekends (tour tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for children/seniors). For more information, visit www.olivasadobe.org or call 805.658.4728.