If you're not already a Costco member and have no intention of becoming one, gift cards are a reason to consider a Costco membership. Costco offers an assortment of gift cards for sale at bargain prices; typically 20% off. A $55 annual Costco membership fee can quickly be recovered if you use these cards. Here's a summary of what several (Oxnard and Westlake Village) local Costco stores either currently have on hand or have had in the past.
- Jamba Juice: $50 in gift cards for $39.99
- Hyatt Hotels: $100 in gift cards for $79.99
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: $100 in gift cards for $79.99 (also available online)
- Buca di Beppo $100 in gift cards for $74.99
- Smashburger $50 in gift cards for $39.99
- Marmalade Cafe $100 in gift cards for $79.99
- MB2 Raceway: $50 in gift cards for $39.99
- iTunes: $50 gift card for $46.99
- Wolfgang Puck $100 in gift cards for $79.99 (available online)
- Peet's Coffee & Tea $100 in gift cards for $79.99 (available online)
- Build-a-Bear Workshop $50 Gift E-Cards for $39.99 (available online)
- Regal Theaters 4 tickets for $33.99 (available online)
- 24 Hour Fitness discounted 2 year memberships
All of this of course is subject to change and availability. But they've had many of these offers for years.
So let's look at an example. If you plan to spend $1,000 at say CPK, Coffee Bean and Wolfgang Puck Bistro over the coming year, you could save $200 by buying gift cards from Costco. Simple as that. Or use them as gift cards. Give a $50 gift card that costs only $40...shhh, they don't have to know!
This is a no brainer! And with all that money you save, you can fritter it away like I do on all the other cool stuff Costco has in stock! Or even better...donate to the CVG Tip Jar!
Holy pulled pork! I stopped by the Oxnard Costco on December 12th and found this display of Dickey's Barbecue Pit gift cards, normally $50 worth for $39.99, marked down to $29.99! 40% off at one of my favorite BBQ joints!