Sometimes it's fun to take the kids out where you know they'll be able to burn off some steam after their chicken nuggets and fries. Mind you, my kids much prefer going to a park to play, but sometimes it is nice to eat and play at these (mostly) indoor play areas.
Here are places to eat (notably nearly all fast food) that have play areas. You may want to call first to confirm as I don't want to be blamed if I made a mistake :> Know of other places? Well then, give me the scoop (the news, not the fries).
McDonalds Locations with Play Areas
- 1650 Arneill Road, Camarillo (805.987.1115)
- 1730 North Moorpark Road, Thousand Oaks (805.777.9162)
- 501 New Los Angeles Avenue, Moorpark (805.532.2043)
- 3120 South Saviers Road, Oxnard (805.486.1245)
- 401 West Channel Islands Blvd., Port Hueneme (805.985.3298)
- 138 E. Harvard Blvd., Santa Paula (805.525.1980)
- 1495 East Los Angeles Street, Simi Valley (805.527.9975)
- 2375 Tapo Street, Simi Valley (805.526.2222)
McDonald's also has free Wi-Fi in nearly all locations.
Carl's Jr Locations with Play Areas
Other Places with Play Areas
- Joe's Crab Shack, 567 San Jon Road, Ventura (805.643.3725) (They have an outdoor play area that is fun but not particularly geared towards the real young kids e.g. under 4)
- Chuck E. Cheese's in Thousand Oaks and Ventura of course have big time play areas and small/big kids arcades.
- Bright Child in Oak Park is an indoor playground with an admission fee. But I've always been pleased with the quality and value of food at their eatery!
- Most of the local Ventura County shopping malls have kids' play areas, some inside, some outside, and there is always food close at hand.