The Parent Project® Training Program for Parents of Adolescent Children - Upcoming Ventura County Classes Available
The Parent Project® was created for parents with difficult or out-of-control adolescents between the ages 11 and 19. Parents learn and practice specific prevention and intervention strategies for destructive behaviors - truancy, alcohol and other drug use, gangs and other criminal behavior, running away, violence and suicide. Parents are self-referred or can be referred to Parent Project classes by officers in the field, juvenile detectives, diversion programs, court systems, mental health professionals and school officials.
This program is available locally in various Ventura County locations. Many programs are free or charge only a small fee for a Parent Project workbook. Sessions generally are 10 weeks.
Some upcoming local Parent Project classes as of March 2014 are below. Providers and costs vary. Click the link above to register online for most classes, or call the phone numbers below.
- Simi Valley: Simi Valley Police Department is offering a 10 week session on Tuesday nights that began 1/14/14 through 3/18/14. Call 805.583.6219. Free ($20 deposit)
- Thousand Oaks: Thousand Oaks Police Dept is offering 10 sessions on Thursday nights at Horizon Hills School in Thousand Oaks beginning 3/20/14. Call 805.371.8362. Online registration also available.
- Thousand Oaks: Ventura County Sheriff's Office is presenting Spanish language sessions on Thursday nights starting 3/27/14. Call 805.449.2760. $20 textbook fee. Classes free.
- Ventura: Pacific Coast Center for Family Counseling is currently offering 10 sessions from 11/5/13 to 1/7/14. Call 805.794.0646. These classes do have registration and per session fees.
- Camarillo: VC Sheriff and Camarillo Police Department is offering Tuesday night sessions that began 2/4/14. No charge for sessions. Workbook $20. Call 805.388.5131.
- Camarillo: Spanish language classes currently offered Thursday nights that began 1/9/14 through 3/13/14 by the Pleasant Valley School District. 805-445-8664
- Moorpark: Moorpark USD is offering Spanish language classes on Tuesday nights that began 1/7/14 through 4/22/14. (805) 805-5151
Previous sessions have also been offered in Oxnard, Ojai and Westlake Village. For more details about the Parent Project program, visit www.parentproject.com.