The Parent Project® Training Program for Parents of Adolescent Children - Upcoming Ventura County Classes Available
The Parent Project® was created for parents with difficult or out-of-control adolescents between the ages 11 and 19. Parents learn and practice specific prevention and intervention strategies for destructive behaviors - truancy, alcohol and other drug use, gangs and other criminal behavior, running away, violence and suicide. Parents are self-referred or can be referred to Parent Project classes by officers in the field, juvenile detectives, diversion programs, court systems, mental health professionals and school officials.
This program is available locally in various Ventura County locations. Many programs are free or charge only a small fee for a Parent Project workbook.
Some upcoming local Parent Project classes as of March 2013 are below. Providers and costs vary. Click the link above to register online for most classes, or call the phone numbers below.
- Simi Valley: Simi Valley Police Department is offering a 10 week session on Tuesday nights starting April 2, 2013. Call 805.583.6290 Monday thru Thursday. Free ($20 deposit required)
- Moorpark: Moorpark Unified School District is offering 16 week Tuesday night Spanish language sessions that started January 8, 2013 at 240 Flory Avenue. Call 805.558.5151 to register. $45.
- Thousand Oaks: Ventura County Sheriff's Department 10 sessions on Thursday nights in Thousand Oaks starting April 4, 2013. Call 805.371.8362.
- Ventura: Pacific Coast Center for Family Counseling is offering 10 sessions beginning June 5, 2013. Call 805.794.0646. These classes do have fees.
- Camarillo: VC Sheriff and Camarillo PD will be offering 10 sessions on Wednesday nights in Camarillo beginning May 29, 2013. No charge for sessions. Book is $20. Call 805.388.5131.
In addition, the Moorpark Unified School District is hosting Loving Solutions sessions, designed with special applications for the parents of 5-10 year olds with Attention Deficit Disorder. These 16 Thursday night sessions began on January 10, 2013. Cost is only $25 for books. Call 805.558.5151.
Previous sessions have been offered in Oxnard, Ojai and Westlake Village. For more details about the Parent Project program, visit www.parentproject.com.