San Buenaventura Mission in Ventura

The San Buenaventura Mission was the 9th and last mission founded by Father Junipero Serra among California's 21 Missions and is now a Catholic parish of 3000 members. The beautiful Mission, founded in 1782, continues to serve as an active Catholic parish within the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. The Mission grounds include Holy Cross School (PreK - 8th grade), a museum and gift shop. The Church and Mission Garden are open to visitors every day. Access the Mission via the Mission Gift Shop on the right side of the Mission (when facing the Mission).

The Mission Gift Shop and Museum are open daily except for major holidays (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day). Hours are Mon to Fri 10am to 5pm, Sat 9am to 5pm and Sun 10am to 4pm. Admission is $1 for kids under 18, $3 for seniors (65+), $4 for adults and $10 for families (parents with children).

Located at 211 East Main Street in Downtown Ventura, across from the Museum of Ventura County. More information at www.sanbuenaventuramission.org or call 805.643.4318.