The 20,000 square foot "That's From Disneyland!" free pop-up exhibit at a former Sports Authority store in Sherman Oaks is worth going out of your way for!
It is located at 13730 Riverside Drive, Sherman Oaks (directly next to the Westfield Fashion Square Mall - cross-street is Woodman). Just 25 miles from the Conejo Valley.
This wonderful display allows Disney fans to experience artifacts from Disneyland from a private collection going back to the beginning of the amusement park. The artifacts are from the collection of Richard Kraft, who after 25 years of collecting them is auctioning them off on August 25-26.
Some of the numerous items on display include:
- It's a Small World figures.
- 15 Disneyland ride vehicles, including Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Peter Pan's Flight Ship, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride Car, Haunted Mansion "Doom Buggy," Fantasyland Skyway Bucket, Tomorrowland People Mover, Matterhorn Bobsled, Space Mountain Vehicle, Disneyland Ticket Booth and many more.
- Haunted Mansion Stretching Room paintings.
- Enchanted Tiki Room bird and signage.
- King Arthur Carrousel items.
- Massive Submarine Voyage Sea Serpent that closed in 1998 (after operating for nearly 30 years).
- Miniature Disneyland Model by Robert Olszewski with a replica of Disneyland's Main Street U.S.A. between 2002 and 2012.
- Frontierland posters and artifacts.
- New Orleans Square items.
- Lots of poster, artwork and maps of the park going back to the early 1960s.
This pop-up exhibit will be on display Wednesdays through Sundays from noon to 8pm through August 24th. Over 900 lots from the collection will subsequently be auctioned off. on August 25-26. Learn more at www.thatsfromdisneyland.com.