Other Free Online Tax Filing Options for Federal and State Income Taxes


In addition to MyFreeTaxes.com, (described in THIS POST), there are other online resources to enable those with simple tax returns to file for free online. Generally these options cover those W-2 income, some interest/dividends, kids and rent. What they don’t cover are itemized deductions, Schedule C (for self-employed individuals claiming business expenses), stock gains/losses, etc. Here are some options:

H&R Block www.hrblock.com/online-tax-filing/free-online-tax-filing

TurboTax Free Edition turbotax.intuit.com

TaxAct has the same option at www.taxact.com

TaxSlayer www.taxslayer.com

DIY Tax www.freetax.com

Jackson Hewitt www.jacksonhewitt.com/file-taxes-online

And these are just a few. No need to pay someone to do your taxes if you have a simple return!