The Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, one of my favorite local area museums within range of Ventura County, will be renovating the popular Backyard and Nature Clubhouse through mid-2018.
During this renovation period, the Museum has opened "BaseCamp" for fun, learning and exploration!
BaseCamp includes the following features:
- Naturalist Field Station - From 10am to noon on weekdays and 12:15-3:15pm on weekends, a naturalist will be on hand to share natural objects, live insects and other small critters.
- Build Zone - Create structures with bamboo poles.
- Search Zone - Dig in the Museum's mulch piles for invertebrates.
- Bug Boot Camp - Dig from 10:30-11:30am with a naturalist using tools, magnifiers and identification guides for invertebrates.
- Nature Art Zone - Make arts with items from nature.
BaseCamp to be closed on October 7, November 4 and March 3, 2018.
Admission to the Museum is $12 for adults, $8 for 65+ seniors and teens (13-17) and $7 for children 2 to 12 years of age.