2018 Astronomy Nights at Lake Casitas Recreation Area, 11311 Santa Ana Rd, Ventura.
Far far away from city lights, Lake Casitas Recreation Area is a perfect place to stargaze with NASA accredited astronomer Ernest Underhay. Peek through a super big telescope and/or bring your own binoculars or telescope. Mr. Underhay is as entertaining as he is knowledgeable. Everyone is welcome. Park entrance fees apply. You may want to bring your blanket or lawn chair.
Meet at Picnic #1 by Santa Ana Launch Ramp
Events start at 8:30 PM on the following Saturday nights:
- May 19: Hello Summer
- June 2: A Baby Moon, Crescent to the Earth
- June 16: A Visit From Mercury
- June 23: Jupiter Visits the Moon
- July 7: Scorpio and the Milky Way
- July 14: Scorpio and the Milky Way
- July 28: Mars Closest Approach in 15 Years
- August 4: Archer vs. Scorpion
- August 11: Perseid Meteor Shower
- August 18: Moon in Claws of the Scorpion
- September 1: Farewell to Summer