The Boys & Girls Club of Simi Valley was established in 1970 by the Jaycees as the Simi Valley Boys Club. It opened with 100 members. In 1974, the Club closed for 10 months due to lack of adequate financial resources. In 1977, the Club began to serve girls and in 1979, changed the organization's name to The Boys & Girls Club of Simi Valley. In 1996 it moved into a new 25,565 sq. ft. facility (2850 Lemon Drive) that afforded us the opportunity to serve thousands of children. The organization continues to grow and now serves over 10,000 children between the ages of 6 and 18 per year. The mission of the Boys and Girls Club of Simi Valley is to provide a positive, safe, healthy and fun environment that empowers youth to become responsible individuals and citizens of tomorrow. Learn more at www.bgcsimi.com or call 805.527.4437.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Oxnard and Port Hueneme has been providing quality programs to youth since 1954. The two clubs merged in 1997 to become the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Oxnard and Port Hueneme. In 2004 the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Oxnard and Port Hueneme opened 9 new school sites and in 2006 it added 11 additional sites in the Ocean View, Hueneme and Rio School Districts. Currently the Club has 3 full service clubhouses, one Public Housing Unit and 13 school sites. Samuelsson Clubhouse, the historic club located on 7th street, reopened on June 11, 2007. 53 years after it had originally opened. The Martin V. Smith Clubhouse opened in October of 2001. In addition, the first club located in a Juvenile facility in the state of California opened in January 2007 at the Ventura County Juvenile Justice Facility.
More facts about the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Oxnard and Port Hueneme:
- The Boys & Girls Clubs in Oxnard and Port Hueneme has been providing quality programs to youth since 1954. The two clubs merged in 1997 to become the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Oxnard and Port Hueneme.
- Operate 3 full service facilities, 13 School sites, the first Club to open in a Juvenile Justice Center in the State of California, and 1 low income housing project, serving the Greater Oxnard and Port Hueneme communities.
- Serving youth 6 to 18 years of age.
- Serve more than 7,200 youth members. Average daily attendance at our collective sites 1300 youth.
- Provide quality programs year-round, five days a week.
- Offer specialized teen programs and dedicated sites.
- Never turn a child away due to economic hardship.
- Is a recognized leader in youth development with professional staff-based in dedicated, youth-based facilities.
- Is a member of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, the largest and fasted growing youth development agency in the nation.
Visit www.positiveplace4kids.org or call 805.815.4709 to learn more.
The Boys & Girls Club of Camarillo (1500 Temple Avenue, Camarillo) has been in the forefront of local youth development since 1967, when the club was founded. The Boys & Girls Club of Camarillo is open to all youth between the ages of six and eighteen, regardless of where they live or their ability to pay. To encourage the participation of as many boys and girls as possible, the club maintains fees at an affordable $60 per year, and scholarships are available. No one is ever turned away for financial reasons. Learn more at www.bgccam.org or call 805.482.8113.