Conejo Valley Basketball Club is an AAU youth development basketball program with teams from 3rd grade through high school. The main goal of the club is to prepare athletes for high school basketball. Practices are in Thousand Oaks. More information at conejovalleybasketball.com.
i9 Sports runs recreational teams for youth (ages 3-14) soccer, cheerleading, basketball, T-ball and flag football league that covers Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, and Woodland Hills. i9 is committed to safety, organization and sportsmanship with the highest degree of customer service and professionalism. Here is information from the i9 website at www.i9sports.com:
i9 Sports Flag Football is non-contact continuous action, using minimal equipment. The games emphasize basic football skills of passing, catching, defending, and running. In i9 Flag, participants also learn about formations, pass patterns, and different types of defense.
This five-on-five game is designed by the NFL for youth players. The offensive team plays for a first down at midfield and a touchdown in the end zone. Running and passing plays are allowed, although there are no-running zones at midfield and near each goal line. The defensive team covers receivers, rushes the passer, and grabs flags to make stops.
I9 SPORTS FLAG FOOTBALL IS NON-CONTACT; BLOCKING AND TACKLING IS NOT ALLOWED. This league is great for beginners to experienced players! Signups for the fall season are going on now and the season starts Sept 24th . Format is 6 vs 6 or 5 vs 5 and everyone plays (generally 8 to 10 players per team). Ages range from 3-14. Players assigned to teams based on age. No drafts/tryouts!
Visit the local i9Sports website by www.i9sports.com or call 805.719-1166 for more information.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley is a non-profit organization that provides time-tested programs offering leadership training, character development, fine arts, academic support, technology, health and fitness.
Clubs feature Learning Centers, Games Rooms, Computer Technology Centers, Fine Arts Rooms, Multi-Purpose Rooms, and Character and Leadership Centers. For grades 5 through 8. Visit www.bgcconejo.org for more information. Also spring/summer camps for grades 1 to 12.
- Sequoia Boys & Girls Club at Sequoia Middle School 2855 Borchard Road, Newbury Park (805.375.5635)
- Redwood Boys & Girls Club at Redwood Middle School 233 Gainsborough Road, Thousand Oaks (818.674.9266)
- Marion & John E. Anderson Youth Center at Los Cerritos Middle School 1980 E. Avenida de las Flores, Thousand Oaks (805.493.2917)
- Cal and Marje Johnston Boys & Girls Club at Colina Middle School 1450 Hillcrest Drive, Thousand Oaks (805.449.1309)
- Lindero Canyon Boys & Girls Club at Lindero Middle School, 5844 Larboard Lane, Agoura Hills (818.483.6303)
- Dr. Richard Grossman Boys & Girls Club at Chaparral Elementary School, 22601 Liberty Bell Road, Calabasas (818.224.3097)
- Club Bay Laurel at Bay Laurel Elementary School, 24740 Paseo Primario, Calabasas (818.225.8660)
- Jacqueline & Albert "Bud" Marley Boys & Girls Club at AE Wright Middle School 27040 Malibu Hills Road, Agoura Hills
- A.C. Stelle Club for 5th graders at Chaparral Elementary School, 22450 Mulholland Highway, Calabasas (818.225.8406)
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Conejo Valley offers a variety of indoor spaces for rent for family events, fundraisers and meetings at the Sequoia, Colina and Los Cerritos clubs listed above. Contact individual clubs for more information about facility rentals.
The Pacific Youth Football League was established in 1993 to serve youth football players between the ages of 6 and 14 in Ventura, Santa Barbara and Northern Los Angeles Counties. The league strives to give these youth the opportunity to play football and cheer in a controlled environment with an emphasis on safety, technique, sportsmanship and teamwork.
Local teams in the Ventura County and adjacent areas include:
- Newbury Park Steelers www.npsteelers.com
- Agoura/Oak Park Chargers www.agourachargers.org
- Camarillo Roadrunners www.camarilloroadrunners.com
- Socal Fillmore Bears www.socalfillmorebears.com
- Moorpark Musketeers www.moorparkyouthfootball.com
- North Oxnard Warriors www.northoxnardwarriors.com
- Oxnard Panthers www.eteamz.com/oxnardpanthers
- Simi Valley Vikings www.simivalleyvikings.com
- Thousand Oaks Titans www.totitans.com
- Ventura Packers www.venturapackers.net
Learn more about the league at www.pacificyouthfootballleague.com.
The Conejo Recreation & Park District has several facilities offering not only paid programs and classes but free access to indoor gymnasium facilities during designated hours.
The Thousand Oaks Community Center offers free "open gym" times throughout the month, with access to indoor basketball, volleyball, badminton and pickleball. Located at 2525 N. Moorpark Road, Thousand Oaks. For open gym times, visit crpd.org/facilities/1koaks.asp or call 805.381.2793.
The Dos Vientos Community Center at 4801 Borchard Road, Newbury Park also offers free open gym access during designated time frames. They indicate that open basketball times are for those 16 years and older to play basketball; no team practices are allowed during open gym times. Open badminton is also offered on some nights. Visit crpd.org/facilities/dos_vientos_center.asp or call 805.375.1003.
The Thousand Oaks Teen Center at 1375 East Janss Road, Thousand Oaks offers free drop-in recreation to any local teen (grades 7 to 12) during daily operational hours, including game room, gym and computer lab. Visit crpd.org/programs/teen/default.asp or www.thousandoaksteencenter.com or call 805.494.5156.
NFL MC Flag Football is a new youth program originated in 2016 by ex-USC and NFL player Cary Harris. It is a program of NFL Play 60, the National Football League's campaign to encourage kids to be active for 60 minutes a day to help reverse the trend of childhood obesity.
The league provides co-ed opportunities for children in grades 1 -8 to learn and enjoy one of America's most beloved sports - football.
Players will benefit by being physically active through non-contact, continuous activity while learning the fundamentals of football, lessons in teamwork and sportsmanship. These lessons are gifts that will benefit the children enrolled throughout their lives.
Harris started this league initially in the San Fernando Valley and now in east Ventura County (Moorpark/Simi Valley/Thousand Oaks) to promote community outreach and to give back something that has played a major role in his life. Cary is a product of youth football in the SFV.
The mission at NFL Flag Football by Cary Harris is to provide the best youth flag football experience possible. The league is committed to providing children with a fun, positive, professional environment where your young athlete can learn, develop and enhance their football skills in a friendly competitive atmosphere.
Seasons: Fall (Sep-Oct), Winter (Jan-Feb) and Spring (May-Jun). Ages 5-14. Learn more and register at www.nflmcflag.com or call 818.254.5826.
101 Rams Football and Cheer is open to residents of the Conejo Valley, stretching to Camarillo and Calabasas, ages 5 to 15. The club is a member of the Los Angeles County Pop Warner Conference. Certified coaches & state of the art uniforms. Learn more and register at www.101rams.org..
The Newbury Park Basketball Association has divisions based on grade as of September 1 of the year. The club is open to any youth living in the Newbury Park area.
- Gremlin boys and girls - grades 3-4
- Intermediate boys and girls - grades 5-6
- Senior boys and girls - grades 7-8
- High school boys and girls - grades 9-12
More information at www.npbasketball.org.
Valley Thunder Basketball is a club program designed to help develop student-athletes in the West San Fernando Valley and Ventura County Area. Practices are held in Thousand Oaks and Agoura Hills. Learn more at www.valleythunderbasketball.com.
The Gold Coast Youth Football League is a Tackle league for players age 6-14 years old in Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties. Local chapters in the Ventura County and adjacent areas include:
- Camarillo Cougars www.camarillocougars.com
- Fillmore Raiders www.fillmoreyouthfootball.net
- Malibu Sharkies www.malibuyouthfootball.com
- Oxnard Golden Knights www.oxnardknightsfootball.com
- Santa Paula Cardinals www.spyfl.org
- Ventura Buccaneers www.venturabuccaneers.com
- Westlake Braves www.westlakebraves.com
More information at www.gcyfl.com.