United Parents is a parent run, non-profit, professional organization providing services to families with children who have mental, emotional and behavioral problems. United Parents was founded over two decades ago on the principle that parents helping parents makes a difference in shaping a better future for our children and our community.
Do you know a child (or parent) that:
- Is Suicidal
- Always angry
- Makes you always angry
- Has trouble in school
- Needs help with drugs
- Is a teen parent
- Is always sad
- Gets violent for NO reason
- Is always disruptive
- Makes you feel out of control
- Causes chaos in your home
- Has no hope
What we do
- Support—so parents don’t feel isolated
- Respite—parents can take a break, regroup
- Education to help manage special challenges
- Activities for children, encouraging competent, pro-social behaviors and random acts of kindness
- Knowledge about effectively navigating the many “systems” touching our children.
- Advocacy so children receive services to help them succeed in schools and the community.
- Peer to peer advice & guidance during difficult times.
“A parent’s hope for tomorrow”
If you know a family struggling to raise a child with emotional, behavioral and/or mental disorders, maybe we can help.
Monthly parent support groups in Simi Valley, Fillmore, Camarillo, Westlake Village (recently formed), Oxnard and Northridge. Foster parent association meetings in Ventura. There is also a new support group forming in Agoura. United Parents offers free childcare during these sessions.