We continue to see new restaurants that have opened or are planning to open in and around the Conejo Valley and Greater Ventura County the latter part of this year. The Local Buzz section of CVG highlights new eateries along with restaurants that close their doors.
Here's a summary of this activity from mid-July through December 2013. (Click here for previous 2013 activity.) The list is fairly comprehensive but if something missing from the list, do let us know!
Restaurants That Have Opened Since mid-July 2013
- Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que opened at The Collection at Riverpark in Oxnard mid-December
- Tizzy Yogurt Cafe opened in Thousand Oaks in December
- JM Mission Burrito opened a second Simi Valley location on December 7th
- Mouthful Eatery opened in Thousand Oaks on November 13th
- Yet another new Starbucks Drive-Thru location opened this fall in Oak Park
- The Veggie Grill opened in Westlake Village on October 30th
- Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers opened in Westlake Village
- Sprinkles Cupcakes opened in Westlake Village on October 30th
- The Flame Broiler opened in Newbury Park on September 30th
- N'Awlinz Bistro opened at Centennial Plaza in Downtown Oxnard in September
- Pizza Rev "Craft Your Own Pizza" opened in Oxnard in August
- Dayne's Chicago Beef and Dawgs opened in Thousand Oaks on August 24th
- BeanoVino (previously Boney Mountain Coffee) opened in August in Newbury Park
- AJ Chinese Cuisine opened in Ojai on September 12th
- Panera Bread opened in Westlake Village in August
- Pieology Pizzeria opened in Thousand Oaks on August 19th
- Portofino Italian Bistro opened in Thousand Oaks
- Golden Dragon Chinese Cuisine opened in the space previously occupied by Village Burgers in Thousand Oaks this summer
- Prime Steakhouse opened in Agoura Hills on July 21st
- Urbane Cafe in Camarillo opened on August 1st
- Sossy's BBQ Sandwiches opened in Newbury Park in the space previously occupied by Burger Express on July 26th
Restaurants That are Planning to Open Soon
- Recently Mama's Hummus announced they are coming soon to Newbury Park
- The old El Torito building has been demolished to make room for a 2nd Chick-fil-A location in Thousand Oaks
- Dickey's Barbecue Pit, which originally planned to open a Simi Valley location in the summer, is on the cusp of opening any day now. Dickey's opened it first Ventura County location in Ventura in February 2013.
- "The Local Table" is a new restaurant that is planning to open at The Village at Dos Vientos Ranch early next year. It will be located in the space previously occupied by La Cucina di Venti and Mama Rita's.
- A new In-N-Out Burger is planned to be built at The Shoppes at Westlake in Westlake Village by the summer of 2014.
- Blue Wasabi & Asian Bistro indicates it is opening soon where Ori Sushi was previously located in Thousand Oaks
- The Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar and Maria's Italian Kitchen Pronto are anticipated to open at The Collection at Riverpark in Spring 2014
Restaurants That Have Closed
- N'Awlinz Bistro in Newbury Park closed its doors on December 21st to focus on its new Oxnard location
- The last Conejo Valley Golden Spoon, located on Moorpark Road, closed in December
- DISH Restaurant Thousand Oaks closed its doors on November 14th
- Ori Sushi in Thousand Oaks closed on October 5th
- El Pollo Loco in Oak Park closed in the late summer time frame to make room for the new drive-thru Starbucks
- The Alamo Bar & Grill in Agoura Hills closed its doors on September 24th
- Village Fish Market & Restaurant in Calabasas closed in September
- Romano's Macaroni Grill at The Promenade at Westlake closed its doors sometime in the late summer time frame.
- La Cucina di Venti at The Village at Dos Vientos served its last plate of pasta the night of September 8th
- Garage Dogs in Thousand Oaks closed for business in late summer
- Boney Mountain Coffee in Dos Vientos changed ownership and became BeanoVino in August
- The Golden Spoon Frozen Yogurt on Avenida de los Arboles in Thousand Oaks closed late this summer