Through the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009, the Ventura County Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP) makes federal funds available to local residents who are homeless or about to be evicted. County and city government have joined efforts to operate HPRP, ensuring that eligible County residents receive help when they need it most.
Basic eligibility criteria includes:
- Homeless or facing eviction within 21 days
- Household income limit based on family size
- You have no other options or resources to find or keep housing
- Financially able to maintain housing after rental assistance is received
- Ventura County resident and U.S. citizen or qualified resident alien
Eligible HPRP applicants may receive various types of assistance, including eviction prevention rental payment, rental deposit, short-term rental payment, credit counseling, utility deposit/payment, moving and storage costs and case management.
Case managers work closely with clients to develop and implement a service plan to ensure that they receive full benefits. Through HPRP, clients are stabilized in housing and assisted comprehensively to help ensure that they do not face homelessness again.
Visit www.vchsa.org/hprp or call 805.385.8585 for additional information.
Other resources for low income residents of Ventura County: