As you can see in Conejo Valley Guide, there is no shortage of things to do in Ventura County. But how many of you have bowled recently?
Archeologists found ancient bowling balls and bowling pins in an Egyptian gravesite in the 1930s that date back to 3200 B.C., thus making bowling the world's oldest documented sport. The first indoor bowling alley was Knickerbockers of New York City in 1840.
But who cares about that! Here are 6 reasons to go bowling:
- You don't have to dress up. In fact, you can rent ugly shoes to bowl.
- Retractable bumpers make bowling more fun little ones and terrible bowlers like me.
- Bowling teaches kids math and geometry skills. Well, kind of.
- While it is a fun family activity, it is also great for teambuilding. Or so I hear.
- Bowling is an activity where striking is a good thing.
- Close proximity and availability of cold beer to the bowling alley.
So go support one of these 6 local bowling alleys. You will have fun. Bring the little ones.
- Brunswick Zone Simi Valley
- Buena Lanes Ventura
- Harley's Bowling Centers in Camarillo and Simi Valley
- Ventura Bowling Center (Closing its doors 12/2/12)
- Wagon Wheel Bowl in Oxnard
Bowling in the Conejo Valley!!?? Nope. Not since, 1995, when the 40 lane Conejo Village Bowl, located where Borders was until January 2010 and various county medical services will soon reside.