Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and more than 1,800 museums across America to offer free admission to all active duty military personnel and their families from Memorial Day, May 27, through Labor Day, September 2, 2013.
Free admission is available to any bearer of a Geneva Convention common access card (CAC), a DD Form 1173 ID card, or a DD Form 1173-1 ID card, which includes active duty U.S. military - Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, as well as members of the National Guard and Reserve, U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, NOAA Commissioned Corps - and up to five family members.
Local area museums in Ventura County, Santa Barbara and nearby areas that are participating in the Blue Star Museums program include:
- Leonis Adobe Museum in Calabasas
- Carnegie Art Museum in Oxnard
- Channel Islands Maritime Museum
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden
- Santa Barbara Museum of Art
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History
- Museum of Ventura County's Agriculture Museum in Santa Paula
- Strathearn Historical Park and Museum in Simi Valley
- Museum of Ventura County in Ventura
For a complete list of museums participating in the Blue Star Museums program, visit www.nea.gov/national/bluestarmuseums.