Pets for Vets Attracts Notable Celebrity Support for its Inaugural Gala May 14th at the Reagan Library. Rock Legend Eddie Money & The Sound of Money to Perform. Special Guest Appearance by Award-winning Actress Loretta “Hot Lips” Swit from the hit TV Series M*A*S*H
Pets for Vets Ventura County Chapter (PFV-VCC) is hostings its inaugural fundraising dinner Gala honoring local veterans on Saturday, May 14th at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley starting at 6pm.
Pets for Vets has secured phenomenal support from celebrities, elected officials and top tier entertainment for its inaugural fundraiser. Gala admission includes the following program lineup:
- VIP cocktail hour and photo opportunity with:
- Loretta Swit, animal activist, award-winning actress and star of the hit TV series M*A*S*H.
- Eddie Money, Grammy-nominated rock Legend who recorded numerous Top 40 hits such as “Two Tickets to Paradise”, “Baby Hold On”, and "I Think I'm In Love, just to name a few.
- CA Assemblymember Jacqui Irwin (D-Thousand Oaks), who Chairs the Committee on Veterans Affairs
- Clarissa Black, founder of the Pets for Vets National organization
- Flags presented by Marine Corps League President Ronald Reagan Detachment #597, www.mlc597.org
- National anthem performed by Lindsay Boreing, an up-and-coming independent singer-songwriter
- Musical performance by Eddie Money and The Sound of Money, featuring Jesse Money, Dez Money and Julian Money, which will include several of his classic rock hits.
- Entertainment by New Directions Veterans Choir, an award-winning a cappella group comprised primarily of formerly homeless veterans. This talented group was also recently featured on “America’s Got Talent”, NBC Nightly News and E! Entertainment Television. www.newdirectionsveteranschoir.com
- Stand-up Comedy performance by Joe Kashnow, who was wounded by a roadside bomb in Iraq, underwent a below-knee amputation and now travels the world helping others through the power of laughter and motivational speaking. www.joekashnow.com.
- Silent Auction with items such as Skydiving in Santa Barbara, Southwest Airlines tickets, Disneyland Park Hopper tickets, and round of golf at Sherwood Country Club.
Gala tickets can be purchased for $150 each at www.petsforvetsventuracounty.com. Gala admission also includes access to the Reagan Library and the Vatican Splendors Exhibit.
Why: Many returning veterans suffer from physical and emotional injuries relating to their time in service, making it difficult to transition back to civilian life. Medical studies have shown that companion animals significantly reduce stress, depression and anxiety. The veteran-pet matches cost upwards of $3,000. Funds raised by the Gala will enable Pets for Vets to make more matches for local veterans. Veteran-pet match costs include adoption fees, veterinary care, licensing, microchipping, spaying/neutering and a Welcome Kit that includes everything from a collar and leash to a bed, crate, toys, treats and grooming items.
The Gala has garnered the support of several sponsors, including the Gary Sinise Foundation, Marathon Services, InterMedia Advertising, Milgard Windows & Doors, CBC Federal Credit Union, Oak Ridge Landworks, Intersect USA, Dr. Ron’s Animal Hospital, Fazio Cleaners and Peterberg Construction.
Pets for Vets, a national 501c3 organization with chapters all over the U.S., is dedicated to providing a second chance for shelter pets by rescuing, training and pairing them with America’s veterans who could benefit from having a companion animal because they suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or Traumatic Brain Injury. The Ventura County Chapter, an all-volunteer organization, is dedicated to making pet matches with veterans from the cities of Camarillo, Fillmore, Moorpark, Ojai, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Santa Paula, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Ventura. For more information, visit www.ventura-ca.petsforvets.com.