Astronomy Nights at Lake Casitas Recreation Area, 11311 Santa Ana Rd, Ventura.
Fun, informative and free. It's 2016! Time for Astronomy Nights at Lake Casitas!
Far far away from city lights, Lake Casitas Recreation Area is a perfect place to stargaze with NASA accredited astronomer Ernest Underhay. Peek through a super big telescope and/or bring your own binoculars or telescope. Mr. Underhay is as entertaining as he is knowledgeable. Everyone is welcome. Park entrance fees apply. You may want to bring your blanket or lawn chair.
Meet at Picnic #1 by Santa Ana Launch Ramp
Event starts at 8:30 PM:
- Saturday, May 28th - "A Close Visit from Mars"
- Saturday, June 4th - "The Dipper's Guide to the Stars in June"
- Saturday, June 18th - "Moon of June"
- Saturday, July 2nd - "Saturn, Lord of the Rings"
- Saturday, July 23rd - "Saturn, Lord of the Rings"
- Saturday, August 13th - "Meteors in the Milky Way"
- Saturday, September 3rd - "Farewell to the Summer Milky Way and Planets"